Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Fistful of Crockery by Rival Tag


I don't know if you know this but "Rival Tag" used to be known as JustOneGuyInHisBedroom, and his album have been reviewed on this very blog before. Well, a long time has passed since the days of Mr. Jogihb and my reviews have become shorter and shorter. I hope this is not a problem. What I like about Rival Tag is that his style may have changed a bit but the spirit remains the same. The tracks are full of cool little melodies. There are two things I like above all: bell/glockenpiel sounds and square waves. Well, this album delivers on both counts. I m not sure that in this day and age it makes sense to spend too much trying to describe somebody's music when it is 10 times easier for you to just listen to the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment